Korn Ferry Institute in partnership with the Rockefeller Foundation conducted comprehensive interviews and assessments with 57 women who were Fortune 1000 CEOs. Our goal was to discern what made them unique. Considering the fact that only 6% of Fortune 1000 CEOs are women, some interesting findings surfaced:
- Most never set out to be CEOs
- Most had a key inflection point based on someone seeing and fostering their potential
- They were particularly driven by challenge
- They were motivated by purpose
- They had a significantly higher degree of humility than male CEOs.
The whitepaper found HERE may be of interest as you seek to develop a more diverse and inclusive CEO/Senior Executive Pipeline.